- Name: Maldives
(long form) Republic of the Maldives
- Capital City: Malè (103,693 pop.)
- Maldives Population: 393,988 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Rufiyaa (MVR)
- Ethnicity: South Indian, Sinhalese, Arab
- GDP total: $1.537 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $8,700 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Dhivehi (official) (dialect of Sinhala, script derived from Arabic), English spoken by most government officials
- Largest Cities: (by population) Malè, Hithadhoo, Kulhudhuffushi, Thinadhoo, Naifaru, Dhidhdhoo
- Name: A derivative from the Arabic word mahal, meaning "Palace Islands," as the island of Malè was home to the palace of the islands' Sultan.
- National Day: July 26
- Religion: Sunni Muslim
|Land Area||298 km2|
|Total Area||298km2 (#186)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$5.41 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$15,300|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World