- Coastline: 2,904 miles (4,675 km)
Peninsular Malaysia: 1,284 miles (2,068 km)
East Malaysia: 1,619 miles (2,607 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 126,894 sq miles (328,657 sq km)
(water) 459 sq miles (1,190 sq km)
(TOTAL) 127,354 sq miles (329,847 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 13 states in Malaysia, including: Johor, Kedah, Kelantan, Melaka, Negeri Sembilan, Pahang, Perak, Perlis, Pulau Pinang, Sabah, Sarawak, Selangor, and Terengganu; and one federal territory (wilayah persekutuan) with three components, the cities of Kuala Lumpur, Labuan, and Putrajaya.
- Horizontal Width: 197.48 miles (317.81 km) from Lumut east to Kuantan on the Malay Peninsula
- Vertical Length: 360.66 miles (580.43 km) from Johor Bahru north to Kota Bharu on the Malay Peninsula
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (3) Brunei, Indonesia, Thailand
- Geographic Center: unknown
- Highest Point: Gunung Kinabalu 13,451 ft.
- Lowest Point: South China Sea 0 m
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
|Land Area||328,657 km2|
|Water Area||1,190 km2|
|Total Area||329,847km2 (#66)|
|Government Type||Federal Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$863.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$27,200|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What is Silicon Valley?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World