|Land Area||760 km2|
|Total Area||760km2 (#172)|
|Government Type||Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$66.37 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$50,300|
View all cities in Bahrain
- Name: Bahrain
(long form) Kingdom of Bahrain
- Capital City: Manama (157,474 pop.)
- Bahrain Population: 1,281,332 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Bahraini Dinar (BHD)
- Ethnicity: Bahraini 62.4%, non-Bahraini 37.6%
- GDP total: $32.44 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $28,200 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Arabic (official), English, Farsi, Urdu
- Largest Cities: (by population) Manama, Al Muharraq, Ar Rifa, Dar Kulayb, Madinat Hamad, Madinat Isa, Sitrah, Jidd Hafs, Al Hadd
- Name: From the Arabic word bahrayn, which is the double form of bahr, meaning "sea" or "two seas"
- National Day: December 16
- Religion: Muslim (Shia and Sunni) 81.2%, Christian 9%, other 9.8%
Where is Bahrain?
Bahrain is a small island country located in the Persian Gulf.
Fun Facts about Bahrain
What Languages are Spoken in Bahrain?
Arabic is the official language of Bahrain, although English is also spoken widely across the country.
What Languages Are Spoken in Bahrain?
Are There Any UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Bahrain?
The UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Bahrain are Muharraq Island and the Ancient Qal’at al-Bahrain Harbor City.
UNESCO World Heritage Sites In Bahrain
What Kind of Government Does Bahrain have?
Bahrain is a constitutional monarchy where the King of Bahrain appoints the government of the country.
What Type Of Government Does Bahrain Have?
What is the biggest city in Bahrain?
Manama is the biggest city in Bahrain with a population of over 154,000 people.
Biggest Cities In Bahrain
What Are The Major Natural Resources Of Bahrain?
Bahrain has a wealth of natural resources including arable land, forests, fish, oil, and natural gas.