The flag of Swaziland was officially adopted on October 30, 1967. It's modeled after a flag given to the Swazi Pioneer Corps by King Sobhuza II in 1941.
The centered regiment shield features a supporting staff with hanging tassels of feathers. Two Swazi ceremonial spears are placed above the staff.
The Swaziland coat of arms is composed of a lion (representing the king) and an elephant (representing the queen-mother) supporting a traditional Nguni shield, a symbol for protection.
A crown of feathers rests on top of the shield, and the national motto Siyinqaba ("We are the fortress") is displayed on a ribbon below.