- Name: Sao Tome and Principe
(long form) Republic of Sao Tome and Principe
- Capital City: Sao Tome (56,166 pop.)
- Sao Tome Population: 186,817 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Dobra
- Ethnicity: mestico, angolares (descendants of Angolan slaves), forros (descendants of freed slaves), servicais (contract laborers from Angola, Mozambique, and Cape Verde), tongas (children of servicais born on the islands), Europeans (primarily Portuguese)
- GDP total: $264 million (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $2,400 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Portuguese (official)
- Largest Cities: (by population) Sao Tome
- Name: Sao Tome is Portuguese for Saint Thomas, named for its discovery on St. Thomas Day; Principe is Portuguese for Prince
- National Day: July 12
- Religion: Catholic 70.3%, Evangelical 3.4%, New Apostolic 2%, Adventist 1.8%, other 3.1%, none or other 19.4%
Sao Tome and Principe's Information
|Land Area||964 km2|
|Total Area||964km2 (#170)|
|Government Type||Semi-presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$694.00 Million|
|GDP Per Capita||$3,300|
|More Information||Sao Tome and Principe|
About Sao Tome and Principe
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Countries That Start With The Letter N
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World