- Name: Galapagos Islands
(long form) Archipielago de Colon - an offshore territory of Ecuador
- Capital City: Puerto Baquerizo Moreno (4,214 pop.)
- Galapagos Islands Population: 25,000 (2010 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: US Dollar (USD)
One US Dollar
- Ethnicity: The Galapagos Islands is one of the few places in the world without a native population. It is a mix of Ecuadorian Mestizos, Spanish descendants, American descendants, and others.
- GDP total: $155.8 billion (Ecuador)
- GDP per capita: $10,200 (Ecuador)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Spanish (official), English
- Largest Cities: (by population) San Cristobal, Isabella, Santa Cruz, Floreana, Santiago, Baltra, Espanola, Fernandina, Genovesa
- Name: The Galapagos Islands are named after the turtles native to the islands.
- National Day: August 10
- Religion: Catholic, others