- Name: French Guiana
(long form) Department of Guiana
- Capital City: Cayenne (64,297 pop.)
- French Guiana Population: 217,000 (2010 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Euro
- Ethnicity: Creole 75%, European Ancestry 14%, Asian 6%, Amerindian 3%, other 2%
- GDP total: $4.4 billion (2010 est)
- GDP per capita: $19,600 (2010 est)
- Land Sizes
- Language: French (official), French Guiana Creole
- Largest Cities: (by population) Cayenne, Matoury, Saint-Laurent-du-Maroni, Kourou, Remire-Montjoly, Macouria
- Name: The Guianas is a term used to describe the area around Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana. French Guiana comes from colonial times when territories bore the name of their sovereign country.
- National Day: July 14
- Religion: Roman Catholic
French Guiana's Information
|More Information||French Guiana|
About French Guiana
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Top 10 Cocoa Producing Countries