- Coastline: 800 miles (1,288 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 4,700 sq miles (12,173 sq km)
(TOTAL) 4,700 sq miles (12,173 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: None
- Horizontal Width: 241 km (150 miles) from Stanley west to the western border of Weddell Island.
- Vertical Length: 164 km (102 miles) from Pebble Island south to George Island
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: none
- Geographic Center: 80 km (50 miles) straight west from Stanley at coordinates 51.6 S, 59.3 W
- Highest Point: Mt. Usbrone - 2,312 ft. (705 m)
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean - 0 ft. (0 m)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
Falkland Islands's Information
|Land Area||12,173 km2|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Democracy (Legislative Assembly); Self-governing Overseas Territory Of The UK|
|More Information||Falkland Islands|
Falkland Islands Photographs
Rocky coastline of the Falkland Islands
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
29 Largest Armies In The World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?