Falkland Islands's Information
|Land Area||12,173 km2|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Democracy (Legislative Assembly); Self-governing Overseas Territory Of The UK|
- Name: Falkland Islands
(long form) Note that the islands are a self-governing territory of the United Kingdom (UK), and referred to as the Falkland Islands throughout the UK. Spanish speaking countries of South America refer to them as (Islas Malvinas)
- Capital City: Stanley (2,115 pop.)
- Falkland Islands Population: 3,140 (2010 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Falkland Islands Pound (FKP)
One Falkland Islands Pound
- Ethnicity: Native born Falkland Islanders 65%, English 31%, Spaniards 3%, and Japanese 1%.
- GDP total: $164.5 million (2010 est)
- GDP per capita: $55,400 (2010 est)
- Land Sizes
- Language: English
- Largest Cities: Stanley, Goose Green Settlement, Port Howard(by population)
- Name: The name of the Falkland Islands comes from Falkland Sound, which is the channel between the two main islands. The sound was named after a Scotish nobleman, Andrew Cary, who was the 5th Viscount Falkland. The Viscounts of Falkland get their name from the Scottish monarchy's residence, Falkland Palace.
- National Day: June 14
- Religion: Christianity
This page was last updated on April 7, 2017.