Tasmania Geography Statistics of
- Coastline: 3,033 miles (4,882 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 26,410 sq miles (68,401 sq km)
(water) 8,632 sq miles (22,357 sq km)
(TOTAL) 35,042 sq miles (90,758 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 20 land districts in Tasmania. They are Arthur, Buckingham, Cornwall, Cumberland, Devon, Dorset, Flinders, Franklin, Glamorgan, Kent, King, Lincoln, Monmouth, Montagu, Montgomery, Pembroke, Russell, Somerset, Wellington, and Westmoreland.
- Horizontal Width: 185.59 miles (298.68 km) from Temma east to St. Helens
- Vertical Length: 138.21 miles (222.43 km) from George Town south to Cockle Creek
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (0)
- Geographic Center: About 8.74 miles (14.06 km) south of Miena
- Highest Point: Mount Ossa 5,305 ft. (1,617 m)
- Lowest Point: Indian Ocean 0 m
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What is Silicon Valley?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World