- Name: Jamaica
- Capital City: Kingston (590,000 pop.)
- Jamaica Population: 2,909,714 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Jamaican Dollar
One-Thousand Jamaican Dollars
- Ethnicity: Black 91.2%, Mixed 6.2%, other or unknown 2.6% (2001 census)
- GDP total: $25.18 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $9,100 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: English, English patois
- Largest Cities: (by population) Kingston, New Kingston, Spanish Town, Portmore, Montego Bay, Mandeville, May Pen, Old Harbour, Linstead, Half Way Tree
- Name: The Arawak name for the island was "Xaymaca," which means "land of wood and water." It was Spanish explorers who substituted a J for the X at the beginning of the word.
- National Day: August 6
- Religion: Protestant 62.5% (Seventh-Day Adventist 10.8%, Pentecostal 9.5%, Other Church of God 8.3%, Baptist 7.2%, New Testament Church of God 6.3%, Church of God in Jamaica 4.8%, Church of God of Prophecy 4.3%, Anglican 3.6%, other Christian 7.7%), Roman Catholic 2.6%, other or unspecified 14.2%, none 20.9%, (2001 census)
|Land Area||10,831 km2|
|Water Area||160 km2|
|Total Area||10,991km2 (#160)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Democracy (Parliament) Under A Constitutional Monarchy; A Commonwealth Realm|
|GDP (PPP)||$25.39 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$9,000|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World
Where Do Hamsters Live in the Wild?
Are Kangaroos Only Found In Australia?