|Land Area||27,560 km2|
|Water Area||190 km2|
|Total Area||27,750km2 (#143)|
|Government Type||Semi-presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$19.34 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$1,800|
View all cities in Haiti
- Name: Haiti
(long form) Republic of Haiti
- Capital City: Port-au-Prince (704,776 pop.)
- Haiti Population: 9,893,934 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Haiti Gourde
Two Hundred and Fifty Haitian Gourdes
- Ethnicity: Black 95%, Mulatto and White 5%
- GDP total: $12.92 billion (2012 est)
- GDP per capita: $1,300 (2012 est)
- Land Sizes
- Language: French (official), Creole (official)
- Largest Cities: (by population) Port-au-Prince, Carrefour, Delmas 73, Petionville, Croix des Bouquets, Jacmel, Cap-Haitien, Leogane, Les Cayes, Petit Goave
- Name: The name Haiti come from an Arawak indian word meaning "Land of Mountains"
- National Day: January 1
- Religion: Roman Catholic 80%, Protestant 16%, none 1%, other 3%
This page was last updated on April 7, 2017.
What Languages Are Spoken in Haiti?
French is the official language in Haiti. Other languages spoken in the country include Haitian Creole, Spanish, and English.