- Name: Dominican Republic
- Capital City: Santo Domingo (pop. 2.25 million)
- Dominican Republic Population: 10,219,630 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Dominican peso
Twenty Dominican pesos
- Ethnicity: Mixed 73%, White 16%, Black 11%
- GDP total: $98.74 billion (2012 est)
- GDP per capita: $9,600 (2012 est)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Spanish (official)
- Largest Cities: (by population) Santo Domingo, Santiago, La Romana, San Pedro de Macoris, San Francisco de Macoris, San Cristobal, Puerto Plata, La Vega
- Name: Dominican Republic is derived from Santo Domingo, the capital city, which was named for Spanish Saint Domingo de Guzmán, the founder of the Dominican Order.
- National Day: February 27th
- Religion: Roman Catholic 95%, other 5%
Dominican Republic's Information
|Land Area||48,320 km2|
|Water Area||350 km2|
|Total Area||48,670km2 (#128)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$162.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$15,900|
|More Information||Dominican Republic|
About Dominican Republic
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What is Silicon Valley?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World