- Name: Cozumel - an island in the Caribbean Sea off the eastern coast of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula
- Cozumel Population: 100,000 (2010 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Mexican Peso (MXN) (conversion rates)
Note: U.S. dollars are widely accepted in Cozumel.
Twenty Mexican Pesos
- Mexico GDP total: $6.19 billion (2010 est)
- Mexico GDP per capita: $21,700 (2010 est)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Spanish 92.7% Note: Across Cozumel, English is widely spoken in the hospitality industry.
- Largest Cities: (by population) San Miguel de Cozumel, Las Fincas, Kilómetro Cuatro y Medio, La Estrella, San Lorenzo, La Esperanza, Huerto Familiar
- Name: Meaning "Land of the Swallows," Cozumel's name originates from the story of Ix Chel. Legend has it that all Mayan women made the journey to the island from the mainland at least once in their life, and as a gratuitous gesture Ix Chel, the moon goddess, released flocks of swallows to the island each spring.
- National Day: September 16
- Religion: Catholic (89%), Protestant (6%), others