- Name: Panama
(long form) Republic of Panama
- Capital City: Panama City (880,691 pop.)
(1,272,672 metro pop.)
- Panama Population: 3,559,408 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Panama Balboa (PAB)
One Panama Balboa
- Ethnicity: Mestizo (mixed Amerindian and white) 70%, Amerindian and mixed (West Indian) 14%, white 10%, Amerindian 6%
- GDP total: $56.83 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $15,300 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Spanish (official), English
- Largest Cities: (by population) Panama City, San Miguelito, Tocumen, David, Arraijan, Colon, Las Cumbres, La Chorrera
- Name: It is unclear where Panama's name originated. Some think it was named after a prevelant tree species located in the country. Others think the name means "many butterflies" in a native tongue.
- Independence Day: November 3
- Religion: Catholic (85%), Protestant (15%)
|Land Area||74,340 km2|
|Water Area||1,080 km2|
|Total Area||75,420km2 (#116)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$93.12 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$22,800|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World