- Continent Size: 24,474,000 sq km, 9,449,460 sq miles
It's the third-largest continent in area, following Asia and Africa.
- Percent of Earth's Land: 16.5%
- Highest Point: Mt McKinley in Alaska, 20,322ft (6,194m) (see map)
- Lowest Point: Death Valley in California, -282 ft (-86m) below sea level.
- Geographic Center: The United States Geographical Survey states that the geographic center of North America is "6 miles west of Balta, Pierce County, North Dakota" at approximately 48° 10´ N 100° 10´ W. (see map)
- Horizontal Width: From San Francisco, California, east to New York City, NY: 2,582 miles (4,156 km) (see map)
- Vertical Length: From Barrow, Alaska, directly southeast to Panama City, Panama: 5,347 miles (8,605 km) (see map)
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements and will vary some using other map projections.
Largest North American Countries: (by land area)
- Canada: 9,984,670 sq km
- United States: 9,826,630 sq km
- Mexico: 1,923,040 sq km
- Nicaragua: 120,254 sq km
- Honduras: 112,090 sq km
- Cuba: 110,860 sq km
- Guatemala: 108,890 sq km
- Panama: 78,200 sq km
- Costa Rica: 51,100 sq km
- Dominican Republic: 48,730 sq km
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
29 Largest Armies In The World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?