- Name: Norway
(long form) Kingdom of Norway
(local short form) Norge
- Capital City: Oslo (875,000 pop.)
- Norway Population: 4,722,701 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Norwegian Krone - (plural) Kroner
100 Norwegian Krones
- Ethnicity: Norwegian 94.4%, other European 3.6%, other 2% (2007 estimate)
- GDP total: $278.1 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $55,300 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Bokmal Norwegian (official), Nynorsk Norwegian (official), small Sami- and Finnish-speaking minorities
- Largest Cities: (by population) Oslo, Bergen, Stavanger, Trondheim, Fredrikstad. Note that the Oslo metro area now exceeds 1.1 million.
- Name: Some medieval texts attribute the name to the mythical King Norr. However, it's generally assumed the name is derived from Old Norse "norovegr," meaning "the northern route" (the way northwards).
- National Day: May 17, Constitution Day
- Religion: Church of Norway 85.7%, Pentecostal 1%, Roman Catholic 1%, other Christian 2.4%, Muslim 1.8%, other 8.1% (2004)
|Land Area||304,282 km2|
|Water Area||19,520 km2|
|Total Area||323,802km2 (#67)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$365.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$69,300|
In The News
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World