- Name: Malta
(long form) Republic of Malta
- Capital City: Valletta (6,098 pop.)
- Malta Population: 411,277 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Euro
- Ethnicity: Maltese (descendants of ancient Carthaginians and Phoenicians with strong elements of Italian and other Mediterranean stock)
- GDP total: $11.14 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $26,100 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Maltese (official) 90.2%, English (official) 6%, multilingual 3%, other 0.8%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Birkirkara, Qormi, Mosta, Zabbar, Rabat, San Gwann, Fgura, Zejtun, Sliema, Zebbug, Hamrun, Naxxar
- Name: from the Greek word Melita meaning "honey"
- National Day: September 21
- Religion: Roman Catholic 98%
|Land Area||316 km2|
|Total Area||316km2 (#185)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$16.32 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$37,900|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World