|Land Area||316 km2|
|Total Area||316km2 (#185)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$16.32 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$37,900|
- Name: Malta
(long form) Republic of Malta
- Capital City: Valletta (6,098 pop.)
- Malta Population: 411,277 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Euro
- Ethnicity: Maltese (descendants of ancient Carthaginians and Phoenicians with strong elements of Italian and other Mediterranean stock)
- GDP total: $11.14 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $26,100 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Maltese (official) 90.2%, English (official) 6%, multilingual 3%, other 0.8%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Birkirkara, Qormi, Mosta, Zabbar, Rabat, San Gwann, Fgura, Zejtun, Sliema, Zebbug, Hamrun, Naxxar
- Name: from the Greek word Melita meaning "honey"
- National Day: September 21
- Religion: Roman Catholic 98%
Are There Any Female Heads of Government?
There are many powerful women in politics around the world. Some examples are Queen Elizabeth and Prime Minister Theresa May of the United Kingdom, Chancellor of Germany Angela Merkel, and Ellen Johnson Sirleaf the President of Liberia and the first female head of state in Africa.