- Name: North Korea
(long form) Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Capital City: Pyongyang (2,581,076 pop.)
- North Korea Population: 24,720,407 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: North Korean Won (KPW)
- Ethnicity: Korean
- GDP total: $28 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $1,800 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Korean
- Largest Cities: (by population) Pyongyang, Hamhung, Namp'o, Hungnam
- Name: Korea's name comes from the Goryeo period; the country was known then as Koryo
- National Day: September 9
- Religion: traditionally Buddhist and Confucianist, some Christian and syncretic Chondogyo (Religion of the Heavenly Way)
North Korea's Information
|Land Area||120,408 km2|
|Water Area||130 km2|
|Total Area||120,538km2 (#97)|
|Government Type||Communist State|
|GDP (PPP)||$40.00 Billion|
|More Information||North Korea|
About North Korea
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Are Kangaroos Only Found In Australia?
29 Largest Armies In The World