|Land Area||176,515 km2|
|Water Area||4,520 km2|
|Total Area||181,035km2 (#88)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$58.94 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$3,700|
View all cities in Cambodia
- Name: Cambodia
(long form) Kingdom of Cambodia
- Capital City: Phnom Penh (2,234,566 pop.)
- Cambodia Population: 15,205,539 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Riel (KHR)
- Ethnicity: Khmer 90%, Vietnamese 5%, Chinese 1%, other 4%
- GDP total: $36.64 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $2,400 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Khmer (official) 95%, French, English
- Largest Cities: (by population) Phnom Penh, Sihanoukville, Batdambang, Khett Batdambang
- Name: The English Cambodia comes from the French word "Cambodge," which is a contraction of the Sanskrit name Kambojadesa
- National Day: November 9
- Religion: Buddhist (official) 96.4%, Muslim 2.1%, other 1.3%, unspecified 0.2%
What Languages Are Spoken In Cambodia?
Cambodia has a single official language which is Khmer. It is spoken by nearly 90% of the country's population. The language is used in government, administration, education, media, and more. After the Vietnamese language, Khmer is also the second most widely spoken Austroasiatic language.
What Language Is Spoken In Cambodia?
Which Is The Most Populous City In Cambodia?
Phnom Penh, the capital city of Cambodia, is the most populous city in the country with a population of more than 1.5 million residents. Phnom Penh is situated at the meeting point of the Tonle Sap River and Mekong River in the southern region of Cambodia.
Biggest Cities In Cambodia
What Kind of Government Does Cambodia Have?
Cambodia is a constitutional monarchy, where the Monarch is head of state and the Prime Minister is the head of government.
What Type Of Government Does Cambodia Have?
What are the Ecological Regions of Cambodia?
Indochinese mountains, forests, and the Mekong River embody the physical landscape and habitats of Cambodia. Ecological regions include the Annamite Range Moist Forests and the Central Indochina Dry Forests.
Ecological Regions Of Cambodia
What are the ethnic groups of Cambodia?
Khmer makes up about 91% of the population followed by Vietnamese and Chinese at 3% and 1% respectively.
Ethnic Groups In Cambodia
What Kind of Economy Does Cambodia Have?
Tourism and textile manufacturing industries are the mainstay of Cambodia's economy. The country also has vibrant service-oriented industries especially in catering and trading related activities.