|Land Area||176,515 km2|
|Water Area||4,520 km2|
|Total Area||181,035km2 (#88)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$58.94 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$3,700|
View all cities in Cambodia
- Name: Cambodia
(long form) Kingdom of Cambodia
- Capital City: Phnom Penh (2,234,566 pop.)
- Cambodia Population: 15,205,539 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Riel (KHR)
- Ethnicity: Khmer 90%, Vietnamese 5%, Chinese 1%, other 4%
- GDP total: $36.64 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $2,400 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Khmer (official) 95%, French, English
- Largest Cities: (by population) Phnom Penh, Sihanoukville, Batdambang, Khett Batdambang
- Name: The English Cambodia comes from the French word "Cambodge," which is a contraction of the Sanskrit name Kambojadesa
- National Day: November 9
- Religion: Buddhist (official) 96.4%, Muslim 2.1%, other 1.3%, unspecified 0.2%
What Languages Are Spoken In Cambodia?
Cambodia has a single official language which is Khmer. It is spoken by nearly 90% of the country's population. The language is used in government, administration, education, media, and more. After the Vietnamese language, Khmer is also the second most widely spoken Austroasiatic language.
What Language Is Spoken In Cambodia?
Which Is The Most Populous City In Cambodia?
Phnom Penh, the capital city of Cambodia, is the most populous city in the country with a population of more than 1.5 million residents. Phnom Penh is situated at the meeting point of the Tonle Sap River and Mekong River in the southern region of Cambodia.
Biggest Cities In Cambodia
What Kind of Government Does Cambodia Have?
Cambodia is a constitutional monarchy, where the Monarch is head of state and the Prime Minister is the head of government.
What Type Of Government Does Cambodia Have?
What is the highest mountain in Cambodia?
Phnom Aural in the Cardamom Range of south-central Cambodia is the country's highest point at 5,948 feet above sea level.
Highest Mountains In Cambodia
What is Angkor Wat?
Angkor Wat temple is unique from all of the other temples in the area. While the other temples are aligned towards the east, it is aligned to the west. This aspect has given it an extra beauty especially during the sunset. UNESCO in collaboration with the Cambodian government has put in place measures to curb commercial and mass tourism to preserve the rich cultural heritage of the site.
Angkor Sites Of The Khmer Empire, Cambodia
What are the ethnic groups of Cambodia?
Khmer makes up about 91% of the population followed by Vietnamese and Chinese at 3% and 1% respectively.