- Continent Size: 30,221,532 sq km, 11,668,599 sq miles
The only continent larger in area is Asia
- Percent of Earth's Land: 12.7%
- Highest Point: Mt Kilimanjaro, Tanzania, 19,341 ft (5,895m) (see map)
- Lowest Point: Lake Assal, Djibouti (-512 ft) (-156 m) (see map)
- Geographic Center: The geographic center of Africa is located within Lobeke National Park in far southeastern Cameroon at 2° 37' N 16° 06' E. (see map)
- Horizontal Width: 4,355 miles (7,009 km) from Dakar, Senegal, east to Mogadishu, Somalia (see map)
- Vertical Length: 4,504 miles (7,248 km) from Cape Town, South Africa north to Tripoli, Libya: (see map)
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements and will vary some using other map projections.
Largest African Countries: (by land area)
- Algeria: 2,381,741 sq km
- Congo, DRC: 2,344,858 sq km
- Sudan: 1,861,484 sq km
- Libya: 1,759,540 sq km
- Chad: 1,284,000 sq km
- Niger: 1,267,000 sq km
- Angola: 1,246,700 sq km
- Mali: 1,240,192 sq km
- South Africa: 1,221.037 sq km
- Ethiopia: 1,104,300 sq km
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Countries That Start With The Letter N
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World