- Land Area:
(land) 2,166,086 sq km
(ice-free) 410,449 sq km
(ice-covered) 1,755,637 sq km
(TOTAL) 2,166,086 sq km
Note: If the Greenland ice sheet were to melt away completely, it is estimated that the world's sea level would rise by more than 7 m (23 ft).
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Horizontal Width: From Savissivik, east to Daneborg is 1,276 km (793 miles).
- Vertical Length: From Thule AFB, south to Nuuk is 1,571 km (976 miles)
- Coastline: 44,087 km (27,394 mi)
- Geographic Center: about 321 km east of Upernavik
- Highest Point: Mt. Gunnbjorn 3,700 m (12,139 ft)
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean, 0 m (0 ft.)
- Mean Elevation: 1,500 m (4,921 ft)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
|Land Area||2,166,086 km2|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Democracy (Parliament Of Greenland); Part Of The Kingdom Of Denmark|
|GDP (PPP)||$2.17 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$37,600|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World