- Land Area:
(land) 2,166,086 sq km
(ice-free) 410,449 sq km
(ice-covered) 1,755,637 sq km
(TOTAL) 2,166,086 sq km
Note: If the Greenland ice sheet were to melt away completely, it is estimated that the world's sea level would rise by more than 7 m (23 ft).
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Horizontal Width: From Savissivik, east to Daneborg is 1,276 km (793 miles).
- Vertical Length: From Thule AFB, south to Nuuk is 1,571 km (976 miles)
- Coastline: 44,087 km (27,394 mi)
- Geographic Center: about 321 km east of Upernavik
- Highest Point: Mt. Gunnbjorn 3,700 m (12,139 ft)
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean, 0 m (0 ft.)
- Mean Elevation: 1,500 m (4,921 ft)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
|Land Area||2,166,086 km2|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Democracy (Parliament Of Greenland); Part Of The Kingdom Of Denmark|
|GDP (PPP)||$2.17 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$37,600|
Explore The World
This page was last updated on April 7, 2017.