- Name: U.S. Virgin Islands, an unincorporated territory of the USA, claimed in 1917
- Capital City: Charlotte Amalie (18,914 pop.)
- US Virgin Islands Population: 104,737 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: United States Dollar
One US Dollar
- Ethnicity: black 76.2%, white 13.1%, Asian 1.1%, other 6.1%, mixed 3.5%
- GDP total: $1.577 billion (2010 est.)
- GDP per capita: $14,500 (2010 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: English 74.7%, Spanish or Spanish Creole 16.8%, French or French Creole 6.6%, other 1.9%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Charlotte Amalie, Christiansted
- Name: The Virgin Islands were named by Christopher Columbus in 1493 for Saint Ursula and her virgin followers...
- National Day: March 31, Transfer Day
- Religion: Baptist 42%, Roman Catholic 34%, Episcopalian 17%, other 7%
US Virgin Islands's Information
|Land Area||346 km2|
|Water Area||1,564 km2|
|Government Type||Presidential Democracy; A Self-governing Territory Of The US|
|GDP (PPP)||$3.79 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$36,100|
|More Information||US Virgin Islands|
US Virgin Islands PhotographsBrightly painted window shutters in Charlotte Amalie...
by Richard Cummins
Buy This at Allposters.com
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World