- Name: Turks and Caicos Islands, a British overseas territory
- Capital City: Cockburn Town (3,700 pop.)
- Turks and Caicos Population: 47,754 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: US Dollar
One US Dollar
- Ethnicity: black 90%, mixed, European, or North American 10%
- GDP total: $632 million (2010 est.)
- GDP per capita: $29,100 (2010 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: English (official)
- Largest Cities: (by population) Cockburn Town, Cockburn Harbour
- Name: The name Turks comes from the indigenous Turk's Head cactus, while Caicos is a Lucaya term meaning string of islands.
- National Day: August 30, Constitution Day
- Religion: Baptist 40%, Anglican 18%, Methodist 16%, Church of God 12%, other 14%
Turks and Caicos's Information
|Land Area||948 km2|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Democracy (House Of Assembly); Self-governing Overseas Territory Of The UK|
|GDP (PPP)||$632.00 Million|
|GDP Per Capita||$29,100|
|More Information||Turks and Caicos|
About Turks and Caicos
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Biggest Stadiums in The World By Capacity