- Name: Montserrat, British dependent territory, claimed 1632
- Capital City: Plymouth (0 pop. - City completely evacuated due to volcanic eruption)
- Montserrat Population: 5,189 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: East Caribbean Dollar
100 East Caribbean Dollars
- Ethnicity: black, white
- GDP total: $43.78 million (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $8,500 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: English
- Largest Cities: (by population) Brades, Cork Hill, Salem, Saint John's Village, Gerald's
- Name: In 1493 on his second voyage to the New World Chistopher Columbus named the island of Montserrat after Monsterrat mountain in Catalonia
- National Day: second Saturday in June
- Religion: Anglican, Methodist, Roman Catholic, Pentecostal, Seventh-Day Adventist, other Christian denominations
|Land Area||102 km2|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Democracy (Legislative Council); Self-governing Overseas Territory Of The UK|
|GDP (PPP)||$43.78 Million|
|GDP Per Capita||$8,500|
The evacuated city of Plymouth, Montserrat Multichill at en.wikipedia.org
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Are Kangaroos Only Found In Australia?
29 Largest Armies In The World