- Name: Macau
(long form) Macau SAR
- Capital City: None, as Macau is a Special Administrative "Region" of China
- Macau Population: 583,003 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Macanese pataca (MOP)
10 Macanese patacas
- Ethnicity: Chinese 94.3%, other 5.7% (includes Macanese - mixed Portuguese and Asian ancestry)
- GDP total: $47.19 billion (2011 est.)
- GDP per capita: $82,400 (2011 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Cantonese 85.7%, Hokkien 4%, Mandarin 3.2%, other Chinese dialects 2.7%, English 1.5%, Tagalog 1.3%, other 1.6%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Macau
- Name: It is believed that 'Macau' is a derivative of the A-Ma Temple, built in dedication to Matsu – the goddess of seafarers and fishermen.
- National Day: October 1
- Religion: Buddhist 50%, Roman Catholic 15%, none or other 35%
|Land Area||28 km2|
|Government Type||Presidential Limited Democracy; A Special Administrative Region Of The PRC|
|GDP (PPP)||$63.22 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$96,100|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World