Hong Kong's Information
|Land Area||1,073 km2|
|Water Area||35 km2|
|Government Type||Presidential Limited Democracy; A Special Administrative Region Of The PRC|
|GDP (PPP)||$427.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$58,100|
View all cities in Hong Kong
- Name: Hong Kong
(long form) Hong Kong SAR
- Capital City: None, as Hong Kong is a Special Administrative "Region" of China
- Hong Kong Population: 7,182,724 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
50 Hong Kong Dollars
- Ethnicity: Chinese 95%, Filipino 1.6%, Indonesian 1.3%, other 2.1%
- GDP total: $363.7 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $50,700 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Cantonese 90.8% (official), English 2.8% (official), Putonghua (Mandarin) 0.9%, other Chinese dialects 4.4%, other 1.1%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Hong Kong, Kowloon, Tsuen Wan, Yung Shue Wan, Sok Kwu Wan
- Name: A translation of the Hakka name, meaning, "fragrant harbour."
- National Day: October 1
- Religion: eclectic mixture of local religions 90%, Christian 10%
This page was last updated on April 7, 2017.
Hong Kong Trivia
Is Hong Kong Owned by China?
Hong Kong is actually what is called a Special Administrative Region (SAR) of China. By all official accounts, Hong Kong is a part of China.