- Name: Hong Kong
(long form) Hong Kong SAR
- Capital City: None, as Hong Kong is a Special Administrative "Region" of China
- Hong Kong Population: 7,182,724 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
50 Hong Kong Dollars
- Ethnicity: Chinese 95%, Filipino 1.6%, Indonesian 1.3%, other 2.1%
- GDP total: $363.7 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $50,700 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Cantonese 90.8% (official), English 2.8% (official), Putonghua (Mandarin) 0.9%, other Chinese dialects 4.4%, other 1.1%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Hong Kong, Kowloon, Tsuen Wan, Yung Shue Wan, Sok Kwu Wan
- Name: A translation of the Hakka name, meaning, "fragrant harbour."
- National Day: October 1
- Religion: eclectic mixture of local religions 90%, Christian 10%
Hong Kong's Information
|Land Area||1,073 km2|
|Water Area||35 km2|
|Government Type||Presidential Limited Democracy; A Special Administrative Region Of The PRC|
|GDP (PPP)||$427.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$58,100|
|More Information||Hong Kong|
About Hong Kong
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World