- Name: Zimbabwe
(long form) Republic of Zimbabwe
- Capital City: Harare (1,600,000 pop.)
- Zimbabwe Population: 13,182,908 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Zimbabwean Dollar (ZWD)
500 Zimbabwean Dollar
- Ethnicity: African 98% (Shona 82%, Ndebele 14%, other 2%), mixed and Asian 1%, white less than 1%
- GDP total: $7.366 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $600 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: English (official), Shona, Sindebele (the language of the Ndebele, sometimes called Ndebele), numerous but minor tribal dialects
- Largest Cities: (by population) Harare, Bulawayo, Chitungwiza, Mutare, Gweru, Epworth
- Name: Derived from the word dzimba-dza-mabwe, a Karanga dialect of the Shona language, meaning "large houses of stone"
- National Day: April 18
- Religion: syncretic (part Christian, part indigenous beliefs) 50%, Christian 25%, indigenous beliefs 24%, Muslim and other 1%
Zimbabwe PhotographsPublic gardens and city skyline, Harare, Zimbabwe...
by Poole David
Buy This at Allposters.com
Trending on WorldAtlas
Countries of Africa
This page was last modified on April 7, 2017.