- Capital City: Boston (pop) 641,352 (2011 est.)
- Massachusetts Population: 6,646,144 (2012 est.) (14th)
- Massachusetts Population: (per square mile)
- U.S. State Populations: (all states)
- Currency: U.S. Dollar (conversion rates)
all u.s. currency (banknotes)
- Massachusetts Quarter: The Massachusetts quarter,
the 6th in the series and the first quarter to be released in the 2000
series, features a design of "The Minuteman", the statue standing guard
at The Minuteman National Historical Park in Concord, Massachusetts.
The Minutemen played a large role in the protection of our nation against the British during the Revolutionary War. These forces were trained to assemble and fight on just a moment's notice, thus the term "minuteman". Additional details
- Land Sizes
- Language: English, others
- Largest Cities: (by population) Boston, Worcester, Springfield, Lowell, Cambridge, Brockton
- Name: The name, Massachusetts, is from the Algonquian Indian language meaning "big hill place".
- Statehood: February 6, 1788 (6th state)
Massachusetts Cities, Counties & Area Codes
This page was last modified on April 7, 2017.