- Coastline: 3,100 miles (4,989 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 1,056,641 sq miles (2,736,690 sq km)
(water) 11,660 sq miles (30,200 sq km)
(TOTAL) 1,068,301 sq miles (2,766,890 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: 23 provinces and 1 autonomous city. Provinces include: Buenos Aires, Catamarca, Chaco, Chubut, Cordoba, Corrientes, Entre Rios, Formosa, Jujuy, La Pampa, La Rioja, Mendoza, Misiones, Neuquen, Rio Negro, Salta, San Juan, San Luis, Santa Cruz, Santa Fe, Santiago del Estero, Tierra del Fuego - Antartida e Islas del Atlantico Sur and Tucuman; the autonomous city is the Buenos Aires Capital Federal.
- Horizontal Width: 1025 km (625 miles) from the western border with Chile, due east to Buenos Aires
- Vertical Length: 3544 km (2,167 miles) from Ushuaia to the northern border with Bolivia
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (5) Chile, Brazil, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia
- Geographic Center: 337 km S of Cordoba at coordinates 34 15 S / 64 10 W.
- Highest Point: Aconcagua - 22,835 ft.
- Lowest Point: Laguna del Carbo, just to the north of Puerto Santa Cruz (-344 ft.) (-105 m)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
Trending on WorldAtlas
Countries Of South America
This page was last modified on April 7, 2017.