- Coastline: 2,904 miles (4,675 km)
Peninsular Malaysia: 1,284 miles (2,068 km)
East Malaysia: 1,619 miles (2,607 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 126,894 sq miles (328,657 sq km)
(water) 459 sq miles (1,190 sq km)
(TOTAL) 127,354 sq miles (329,847 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 13 states in Malaysia, including: Johor, Kedah, Kelantan, Melaka, Negeri Sembilan, Pahang, Perak, Perlis, Pulau Pinang, Sabah, Sarawak, Selangor, and Terengganu; and one federal territory (wilayah persekutuan) with three components, the cities of Kuala Lumpur, Labuan, and Putrajaya.
- Horizontal Width: 197.48 miles (317.81 km) from Lumut east to Kuantan on the Malay Peninsula
- Vertical Length: 360.66 miles (580.43 km) from Johor Bahru north to Kota Bharu on the Malay Peninsula
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (3) Brunei, Indonesia, Thailand
- Geographic Center: unknown
- Highest Point: Gunung Kinabalu 13,451 ft.
- Lowest Point: South China Sea 0 m
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
Trending on WorldAtlas
Countries of Asia
This page was last modified on April 7, 2017.