- Name: Denmark
(long form) Kingdom of Denmark
- Capital City: Copenhagen (539,542 pop.)
- Denmark Population: 5,556,452 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Danish Krone
50 Danish Krones
- Ethnicity: Scandinavian, Inuit, Faroese, German, Turkish, Iranian, Somali
- GDP total: $208.5 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $37,700 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Danish, English, Faroese, Greenlandic (an Inuit dialect), German (small minority)
- Largest Cities: (by population) Copenhagen, Arhus, Odense, Alborg and Esbjerg.
- Name: The meaning behind Denmark's name is thought to derive from the first part of the word from a word meaning "flat land", while the -mark is believed to mean woodland or borderland.
- National Day: June 5, Constitution Day
- Religion: Evangelical Lutheran 95%, other Christian 3%, Muslim 2%
Trending on WorldAtlas
Countries of Europe
This page was last modified on April 7, 2017.