- Coastline: 1,390 miles (2,237 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 106,888 sq miles (276,840 sq km)
(water) 2,595 sq miles (6,720 sq km)
(TOTAL) 109,483 sq miles (283,560 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: 22 provinces, including: Azuay, Bolivar, Canar, Carchi, Chimborazo, Cotopaxi, El Oro, Esmeraldas, Galapagos, Guayas, Imbabura, Loja, Los Rios, Manabi, Morona-Santiago, Napo, Orellana, Pastaza, Pichincha, Sucumbios, Tungurahua and Zamora-Chinchipe.
- Horizontal Width: 534 km (332 miles) from Manta to Yasuni National Park
- Vertical Length: 337 km (209 miles) from Esmeraldus to Podocarpus National Park
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (2) Colombia, Peru
- Geographic Center: 16 km (10 miles) E of Ambato
- Highest Point: Mt. Chimborazo - 20,561 ft.
- Lowest Point: Pacific Ocean - 0 ft. (0 m)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
Trending on WorldAtlas
Countries Of South America
This page was last modified on April 7, 2017.