- Official Name Reunion, (an overseas department of France
- Population 839,500
- Capital City Saint-Denis (147,800)
- Electricity 220V - 50Hz
- Currency Euro
- Currency Converter
- Languages French (official), Creole
- National Day 14 July; Bastille Day
- Religions Catholic, Hindu, Muslim
- Measuring System Metric
- Time Zone GMT/UTC +4
- Land Area 2,510 sq km (969 sq miles)
- Highest Point Piton des Neiges, 10,069 ft. (3,069 m)
- Lowest Point Indian Ocean, 0 ft. (0 m)
- Land Divisions 4 arrondissements, 24 communes, and 47 cantons.
Lat & Long
- Latitude/Longitude 21° 06' S, 55° 36' E
Current Date & Time
Before finalizing and/or making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate and research all of the important details regarding applicable health, passport and visa requirements.
If you require additional assistance, the experienced professionals at Travel Visa Pro
Reunion has a tropical climate, one cooled by southeasterly trade winds. Those winds help supply copious rainfall, and also drive an occasional cyclone into the area. The rainy season runs November through March. Daily highs in the mid 80s are commonplace, and overall, mean temperatures average in the high 70s; with slightly cooler conditions in the higher elevations.