- Name: U.S. Virgin Islands, an unincorporated territory of the USA, claimed in 1917
- Capital City: Charlotte Amalie (18,914 pop.)
- US Virgin Islands Population: 104,737 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: United States Dollar
One US Dollar
- Ethnicity: black 76.2%, white 13.1%, Asian 1.1%, other 6.1%, mixed 3.5%
- GDP total: $1.577 billion (2010 est.)
- GDP per capita: $14,500 (2010 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: English 74.7%, Spanish or Spanish Creole 16.8%, French or French Creole 6.6%, other 1.9%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Charlotte Amalie, Christiansted
- Name: The Virgin Islands were named by Christopher Columbus in 1493 for Saint Ursula and her virgin followers...
- National Day: March 31, Transfer Day
- Religion: Baptist 42%, Roman Catholic 34%, Episcopalian 17%, other 7%
US Virgin Islands PhotographsBrightly painted window shutters in Charlotte Amalie...
by Richard Cummins
Buy This at Allposters.com
Trending on WorldAtlas
Countries & Territories Of The Caribbean
This page was last modified on April 7, 2017.