- Jules Ajodhia politician, playwright, poet
- Henck Arron former prime minister, vice president
- Bram Behr propagandist, journalist
- Desire Bouterse politician, army officer, chairman National Military Council, president
- Ronnie Brunswijk rebel leader, politician
- Edgar Davids footballer
- Fred Derby trade unionist, politician
- Johan Ferrier politician, first president
- Otto Huiswoud member African Blood Brotherhood
- Harry Kisoensingh chairman of the Union for Progressive Suriname, educator
- Lou Lichtveld politician, playwright, poet
- Jan Ernst Matzeliger inventor shoe industry
- Anthony Nesty Olympic medalist, swimmer
- Jagernath Adolf Pengel politician
- Pretaapnarian Radhakishun former prime minister, former president, former vice president
- Ram Sardjoe politician
- Clarence Seedorf footballer
- Paul Somohardjo politician
- Tyrone Clinton Spong kickboxer, mixed martial artist
- Farida van den Stoom actress
- Ronald Venetiaan mathematician, former president
- Jules Wijdenbosch politician
Is a famous person missing from this page?
Submit your Famous Suriname
|Land Area||156,000 km2|
|Water Area||7,820 km2|
|Total Area||163,820km2 (#90)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$8.55 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$15,200|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Are Kangaroos Only Found In Australia?
29 Largest Armies In The World