|Land Area||397,302 km2|
|Water Area||9,450 km2|
|Total Area||406,752km2 (#59)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$64.67 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$9,500|
View all cities in Paraguay
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Asuncion, one of the oldest cities in South America, known as "the Mother of Cities," has many points-of-interest: including the Godoi Museum, Church of La Encarnacion, the Panteon Nacional, and the Presidential Palace (Palacio de los Lopez).
Additional destinations of choice within the country include the little town of Itaugua (famous for lace); Aregua and its pottery; the Pantanal, a wilderness region of swamps and marshes - teeming with wildlife; the Jesuit mission tours from Encarnacion; Iguassu Falls and the surrounding tropical rain forest; tours of the Chaco and its wildlfe, and any of Paraguay's national parks.
For visits to the interior, a local tour operator is recommended.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Electricity: 220V, 50Hz
- Times to Travel: Paraguay experiences intense summer heat, so the winter months - May to September - are the best times to visit. The average high temperature in July (the coldest month) is about 71° F (22° C).
The weather can be variable, and it's not unusual to have nightly frosts.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- EcoTourism Tours
- Gran Chaco Tours (Spanish)
- Hohenan (Spanish)
- Itaipu Dam
- Jesuit Missions (Spanish)
- Mbatovi Eco-Reserve (Spanish)
- Paraguay Airports
- Paraguay Bird Watching
- Paraguay Tourism
- Paraguay Tourist Board
- Paraguay Tourist Information
- Unesco World Heritage Site
- Visit Paraguay
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirments. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Paraguay Travel Advice and Warnings