|Land Area||1,038,700 km2|
|Water Area||100,210 km2|
|Total Area||1,138,910km2 (#25)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$688.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$14,100|
|More Information||Colombia Map|
View all cities in Colombia
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Major points-of-interest include the Caribbean coastline, with white sand beaches; historic Spanish cities, such as Cartagena and Santa Marta; tours of the Amazon Basin region in the east; the colonial buildings and history at Popayan, and many eco-tour options and interesting national parks.
Not to be missed are the archaeological ruins, mountain trekking, coffee plantations, water activities and beautiful vistas in every part of the country.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Electricity: 110/120V, 60Hz
- Times to Travel: There are two time periods during the year when travel to Colombia is most desirable. December to March and July to August are the best times to visit. Most of Colombia's festival and events take place during those months, thus planning ahead for accommodations is important.
Colombia's location, in close proximity to the equator, means there are minimal temperature variations throughout the year.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Colombia Airports
- Colombia Bird Watching
- Colombia Events & Festivals
- Colombia National Parks
- Colombia Travel Guide
- Discover Colombia
- Latin American Collection - Colombia
- Los Llanos de Colombia (Spanish)
- Malpelo Fauna and Flora Sanctuary
- Providencia Island
- San Agustin Archaeological Park
- Tierradentro Archaeological Park
- Travel Guide for Colombia
- Unesco World Heritage Site
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirments. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in Colombia?
The Mestizo ethnic group claims a 53.5% share of Colombia’s population.
Ethnic Groups Of Colombia
What Is The Capital Of Colombia?
Bogota is the capital of Colombia. It is the largest city in the country. Bogota is administered as the Capital District and is held to be a territorial entity of the first order. It is also the nation’s economic, cultural, artistic, and sports hub.