Brazil offers any visitor so many things to see and do, that it's impossible to describe them all, so we list a few of the major points of interest.
Rio de Janeiro is on the top of the list as it's the site of Carnival, the largest, most exciting festival on the planet; breathtaking Sugar Loaf Mountain; Corcovado Mountain and the statue of Christ the Redeemer; dozens of museums; shopping; pulsating, non-stop nightlife and many wonderful beaches.
As for those beaches, Brazil's (like those in Australia, Hawaii and Florida) are major attractions; the most visited include Copacabana, Ipanema and Joaquina.
Other attractions include Salvador da Bahia, the country's first capital; Sao Paulo, the economic powerhouse of Brazil; any of the eight UNESCO World Heritage Sites within the country; Porto Alegre, with its excellent museums and beautiful countryside, and any soccer game.
The Brazilian wonders of nature are endless, but must-sees include the Amazon Rain Forest; the Pantanal - the world's largest freshwater wetland, and Iguaza (Iguassu) Falls - a group of 275 individual waterfalls that defy the imagination.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Electricity: 110/220V, 60Hz
- Times to Travel: Because of its many options Brazil is a flexible year-round destination for any traveler. Note that the seasons in Brazil are opposite of those in the Northern Hemisphere.
Spring: September - November
Summer: December - February
Fall: March - May
Winter: June - August
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Brazil Airports
- Brazil Bird Watching
- Brazil Nature Tours
- Brazil Tourism Guide (Portuguese)
- Brazil Travel Information
- Christ the Redeemer Statue at Corcovado
- Ecobrazil Tours
- Fernando de Noronha
- Latin American Collection - Brazil
- Manaus (Portuguese)
- Rio Carnival
- Salvador da Bahia
- Scuba Diving - Brazil
- Unesco World Heritage Site
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirments. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
|Land Area||8,358,140 km2|
|Water Area||157,630 km2|
|Total Area||8,515,770km2 (#5)|
|Government Type||Federal Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$3,080.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$14,800|
In The News
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Countries That Start With The Letter S
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
29 Largest Armies In The World
The World’s Largest Oil Reserves By Country
The World's Most Visited Countries