|Land Area||8,358,140 km2|
|Water Area||157,630 km2|
|Total Area||8,515,770km2 (#5)|
|Government Type||Federal Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$3,080.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$14,800|
View all cities in Brazil
M - N
- Joaquim Mabuco diplomat, journalist, champion of abolition of slavery
- Barao de Maua filmmaker
- Francisco de Assis Chateaubriand de Mello publisher, diplomat
- Bete Mendes actress, politician
- Francisco Mignome publisher, diplomat
- Carmen Miranda singer, actress
- Roberto Landell de Moura pioneer of telephone
- Edson Arantes do Nascimento (Pele) football player
- Miguel Nicolelis neuroscientist
- Guiomar Novaes pianist
- Horacio Carlos Panepucci physicist
- Jose Maria de Silva Paranhos statesman, teacher, politician, journalist, diplomat, monarchist
- Marcos Pontes astronaut
- Sydney Possuelo explorer, social activist
- Jose Lins do Rego author
- Alfonso Eduardo Reidy architect
- Jose Reis biologist, author
- Darcy Ribeiro anthropologist
- Paulo Mendes da Rocha architect
- Nelson Rodrigues journalist, author
- Marshall Candido Rondon explorer, military officer, supporter of indigenous populations
- Milton Santos geographer, author, professor
- Paulo Satinho actor, comedian
- Bidu Sayao opera singer
- Ayrton Senna da Silva race car driver
- Luis Alves de Lima e Silva military leader, statesman
- Irineu Evangelista de Souza leader industrial/economic development
- Marcio Souza author
- Paulo Renato Souza former education minister
- Jorge Stolfi computer scientist
- Taiguara singer, songwriter
- Alfredo D' Escragnolle Taunay author, historian
- Cristiano Augusto Trein engineer, entrepreneur
- Getulio Vargas former president-dictator
- Erico Verissimo author
- Chico Xavier Spiritism leader
Is a famous person missing from this page?
What is the Most Dangerous State in Brazil?
With a homicide rate of 64.6 per 100,000 as of 2012, the state of Alagoas in Northeastern Brazil has the highest murder rate in the country.
The Most Dangerous States In Brazil
What Kind of Reptiles Live in Brazil?
Some of the reptiles that live in Brazil include the Loggerhead sea turtle, the Brazilian galliwasp, and the Lutz tree iguana.
The Amazing Reptiles Of Brazil
Where is the Purus River?
The Purus River runs 1,995 miles through the South American nations of Brazil and Peru.
Where is the Purus River?
Where are the Iguazu Falls?
Iguazu Falls is located in the Misiones Province in the Northeastern tip of Argentina, and borders the Brazilian state of Parana to the north. This semicircular waterfall is 1.7 miles (2.7 kilometers) in diameter with a height of 87.5 yards (80 meters), and is made up of 275 individual falls.