ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Major tourist attractions include La Paz, the highest capital city in the world, its colonial history and museums, "Witch Doctor's Market", and the nearby Andean peaks; beautiful Lake Titicaca, the highest navigable lake in the world which includes the cultural charms of Copacabana and Inca history on Isla del Sol, and the tours of the Bolivian Amazon - the planet's greatest ecosystem.
Add to that list a beautiful group of national parks, dozens of significant archaeological sites, and a wide variety of colorful native-population festivals and holidays.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Electricity: 220V, 60Hz in the east; 110V, 60Hz in the west
- Times to Travel: People journey to Bolivia at most anytime of the year, and because almost 50% of the country is located above 10,000 feet elevation, the days are pleasant and evenings cool. In the far eastern regions temperatures are warmer, often hot.
The main tourist season is late June through early September, when the weather is the best and Bolivia's major festivals take place.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Bolivia Airports
- Bolivia Bella
- Bolivia Bird Watching
- Bolivia Contact
- Bolivia Events & Festivals
- Cultural and Nature Tours
- Oruro Carnaval Spanish
- Sacred Sites
- Witches' Market - La Paz
- Unesco World Heritage Site
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirments. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
|Land Area||1,083,301 km2|
|Water Area||15,280 km2|
|Total Area||1,098,581km2 (#27)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$78.66 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$7,200|
Countries Of South America
This page was last updated on April 19, 2016.