Tasmania Travel to
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Although isolated from the mainland of Australia, Tasmania is a very popular destination for visitors from around the world.
The unique lifestyle and beautiful landscapes and a relatively small population add to its charm.
Tasmania is well-known for its food and wine, with over 240 vineyards; its UNESCO World Heritage convict sites; walking and hiking trails; MONA - the museum of Old and New Art which contains amazing collections; the national parks and the wilderness to name just a few of the many things to see and do.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Calling Code: Country: 61; Area code: 03
- Electricity: 240V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Left
- Times to Travel: Tasmania has a cool temperate climate with four distinct seasons. Summer (December - February) days are warm, and the nights are cool and balmy. Festivals, fairs and other outdoor events take place during the summer months. The fall season (March - May) offers crisp and sunny days and is the best time to enjoy fresh produce. During the winter months (June - August), the weather is the wettest and coolest, as a result of cold fronts from the Southern Ocean. The spring season is nice, but the weather is unpredictable. Most travelers prefer the period from November to March when there is a lot to enjoy in the outdoors.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Adventure Tasmania Tours
- Antarctic Attractions - Hobart
- Beaches of Tasmania
- Brickendon Colonial Farm Village
- Burnie Art Deco Trail
- Bushwalking Survival Guide
- Coal Mines Historic Site
- Devonport Travel Guide
- Discover Hobart
- East Coast Tourism Guide
- Freycinet Peninsula Guide
- Great Walks of Tasmania Tours
- Heritage Highway Region
- Huon Trail Region
- Launceston Tamar Valley
- Maritime Museum
- Museum of Old and New Art (MONA)
- National Parks
- Old Hobart Town
- Overland Track
- Port Arthur Historic Site
- Pure Tasmania Travel Guide
- Richmond Village Guide
- Strahan General Guide
- Wellington Park (Mount Wellington)
- Western Wilderness Guide
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
29 Largest Armies In The World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?