South Australia Travel to
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
South Australia is the seafood and wine capital of Australia. It's home to long summers, beautiful beaches, events and festivals.
The variable topography ranges from over 2,300 miles (3,800 kilometers) of beaches to the wine country and far into the heart of the outback.
The capital city of Adelaide, "The City of Churches" is charming and easy to maneuver, with streets laid out in a grid and plenty of open spaces. Adelaide is home to the famous Central Market along with lots of festivals, restaurants, shopping and major attractions.
Don't forget the shipwrecks, the caves, historic buildings, aboriginal culture and South Australia's rich heritage.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Calling Code: Country: 61; Area code: 08
- Electricity: 240V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Left
- Times to Travel: South Australia is a year-round destination, most popular in the summer months.
February and March are the favorite months as the temperatures are generally warm to hot with lots of sunshine, and the time is perfect for experiencing all the many outdoor activities.
The month of June is sometimes quite rainy. The winter months of June to August offer the opportunity to take advantage of winter sports activities. The days are pleasant, but at night temperatures can drop below freezing.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Aboriginal Attractions
- About South Australia Guide
- Adelaide Central Market
- Adelaide Hills Guide
- Adelaide Official Guide
- Barossa Region Visitor Information
- Beaches of South Australia
- Bushwalking Trails
- Coober Pedy "Opal Capital of the World"
- Clare Valley Tourism
- Diving Sites
- Explore South Australia
- Eyre Peninsula Tourism Guide
- Fleurieu Peninsula Tourism Guide
- Flinders Ranges Visitor Information
- Hahndorf Guide
- Limestone Coast Tourism Guide
- Murray River Travel Information
- National Parks
- Port Adelaide Visitor Information
- Port Lincoln Visitor Information
- South Australian Museum
- Whale Watching
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
10 States With The Largest African-American Populations
The Richest Countries In The World
29 Largest Armies In The World
Largest Religions In The World
30 Least Populated Countries In The World
10 Countries Where Women Far Outnumber Men