|Land Area||7,682,300 km2|
|Water Area||58,920 km2|
|Total Area||7,741,220km2 (#6)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Democracy (Federal Parliament) Under A Constitutional Monarchy; A Commonwealth Realm|
|GDP (PPP)||$1,190.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$48,800|
View all cities in Australia
A - B
- Peter Allen songwriter, entertainer
- Dame Judith Anderson actress
- Sir Reginald Ansett aviator, founder ansett airlines
- John Antill composer
- Robyn Archer singer, artistic director
- Florence Austral opera singer
- Simon Baker actor
- Eric Bana actor
- Sir Edmund Barton first australian prime minister
- Richard "Richie" Benaud cricketer
- Bruce Beresford film director, producer
- Nancy Bird-Walton aviator
- Elizabeth "Liz" Blackburn biologist
- Geoffrey Blainey historian, politic commentator
- Sir Thomas Blamey world war II general
- Catherine "Cate" Blanchett actress
- Neville Bonner politician, first indigenous australian elected to parliament
- Allan Border cricketer
- Arthur Boyd artist
- Robin Boyd architect
- Sir John "Jack" Brabham race car driver, team owner
- John Brack artist
- John Bradfield designer sydney harbour bridge
- Sir Donald Bradman cricketer
- Sir William Lawrence Bragg physicist, nobel laureate
- Bryan Brown actor
- Stanley Bruce former prime minister, diplomat
- Vivian Bullwinkel-Statham nurse ww II
- Sir Frank Macfarlane Burnet nobel laureate
- Donald "Don" Burrows musician
- Ita Buttrose journalist, founding editor Cleo
- Arthur Calwell politician
- Peter Philip Carey author
- James "Jimmy" Carruthers boxer
- Richard Casey politician, diplomat
- Evonne Goolagong Cawley tennis player
- Roy Cazaly football player
- Percy Cerutty athletics coach
- Sir Henry "Harry" Chauvel officer in the first australian imperial force
- Joseph Benedict "Ben" Chifley former prime minister
- Donald Chipp politician
- Graeme Milbourne Clark pioneer cochlear implant
- Manning Clark historian, author
- Sir William Ian Clunies-Ross scientist
- Sir George James Cole entrepreneur, philanthropist
- Antonia "Toni" Collette actress, musician
- Herbert Cole "Nugget" Coombs economist
- Sir John Cornforth scientist, nobel laureate
- Margaret Court tennis player
- Edith Cowan first female parliamentarian
- Sir Zelman Cowen politician
- Ruth Cracknell actress
- Bruce Crampton golfer
- John Curtin former prime minister
- Betty Cuthbert olympic medalist
- Peter Dawson singer
- Alfred Deakin former prime minister
- Sir Owen Dixon jurist, diplomat
- William Dobell sculptor, painter
- Patrick Dodson indigenous australian leader
- Peter C. Doherty medical researcher, nobel laureate
- Ken Done artist
- Sir Ernest "Weary" Dunlop surgeon, pow ww II
- Maxwell "Max" Dupain artist
- Raymond "Jack" Dyer football player, coach
- John Carew Eccles neurophysiologist, nobel laureate
- Herbert "Herb" Elliott athlete, olympic medalist
- Bob Ellis journalist, film maker, commentator
- Roy Emerson tennis player
- Dr. H. V. "Doc" Evatt jurist, politician, first president united nations general assembly
- John Peter Farnham singer (born in england)
- Timothy "Tim" Flannery mammalogist, palaeontologist, global warming activist
- Howard Florey pharmacologist, nobel laureate
- Errol Flynn actor
- Rev. John Flynn minister, aviator, founded world's first air ambulance (royal flying doctor service)
- Dawn Fraser olympic medalist, swimmer
- Malcolm Fraser former prime minister
- Cathy Freeman olympic medalist, sprinter
- Dame Phyllis Frost welfare worker, philanthropist
- Joseph Furphy author
- Sir Wilmon Hudson Fysh founder qantas airlines
- Mel Gibson actor, director (born in NY)
- Julia Gillard prime minister
- Dame Mary Gilmore poet, journalist
- Peggy Glanville-Hicks composer
- Vida Goldstein reformer, politician
- Delta Lee Goodrem singer, songwriter
- George Percy Grainger composer, pianist
- Germaine Greer academic, journalist, literature scholar, feminist
- Ben Hall bushranger
- Sir Edward Hallstrom philanthropist
- Louise Hanson-Dyer philanthropist
- Rolf Harris musician, singer, composer
Is a famous person missing from this page?
Submit your Famous Australian
Australia territories, states & their capitals
What Are the Major Ethnic Backgrounds of Australians?
67.4% of Australians cite British heritage. 8.7% of Australians claim Irish ancestry, 3.8% claim Italian, and 3.7% claim German. Australians of Chinese heritage represent 3.6% of the population, while Aboriginal Australians account for 3% of the population.
Demographics and Ethnic Groups of Australia
What is the Official Language of Australia?
English is the de facto national language of Australia.
What Languages Are Spoken In Australia?
What are the Major Industries in Australia?
The service industry comprises of over 70% of the Australia GDP. It dominates the economy, which employs over 79% of the labor force. Other major industries include tourism, healthcare, media, finance, and mining.
What Are The Biggest Industries In Australia?
What are the Deadliest Snakes in Australia?
The deadliest snakes in Australia include the southern death adder, the lowlands copperhead, the inland fierce taipan, the gwardar, and the coastal eastern taipan.
10 Deadliest Snakes Of Australia
What Kind of Plants Live in Australia?
Some of the native plant species of Australia include the archer's eremophila, the lance-leaved sundew and the bull kauri.
Native Plants Of Australia
What is the Biggest Mall in Australia?
The 2 million square foot Chadstone Shopping Centre in Malvern East, Victoria, is the largest shopping center in Australia. Until the year 2009, it was the largest shopping center in the Southern Hemisphere. Other large shopping malls include the 1.9 million square foot Westfield Fountain Gate in Melbourne and Westfield Sydney, which is 1.8 million square feet.