People listed are almost always native to the state. We do (on occasion) include those that have either lived within a state for most of their adult life, or have made a significant contribution to the state in their personal endeavors.
- Joe Albertson grocery chain founder
- T. H. Bell educator
- Ezra Taft Benson former secretary of agriculture
- Gutzon Borglum Mt. Rushmore sculptor
- Gregory "Pappy" Boyington aviator, world war II hero
- Carol R. Brink author
- Frank F. Church politician
- Lillian Disney artist, wife of Walt Disney
- Vardis Fisher author
- Joseph Garry first native american Idaho legislator
- Harmon Killebrew baseball player
- Patrick McManus author
- Sarah Palin politician, news commentator
- Ezra Pound poet
- Sacagawea Shoshone Indian guide
- J. R. Simplot Industrialist
- Picabo Street skier
- Steven D. Symms politician
- Lana Turner actress
- Larry Wilson football player
Is a famous person missing from this page?
Submit your Famous Idahoan
Idaho Cities, Counties & Area Codes
|Coeur d Alene||Kootenai||208|
|Twin Falls||Twin Falls||208|
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
This page was last updated on April 7, 2017.