District of Columbia FamousPeople listed are almost always native to Washington, DC. We do (on occasion) include those that have either lived here for most of their adult life, or have made a significant contribution in their personal endeavors.
- Hunter Doherty "Patch" Adams physician, social activist, author
- Pearl Bailey singer
- Carl Bernstein author, journalist
- Pat Buchanan political commentator
- Connie Chung television anchor
- Adrian Dantley nba basketball all-star
- Benjamin Oliver Davis first african american general
- Gene Davis painter
- John Foster Dulles former secretary of state
- Billy Eckstine singer
- Duke Ellington composer, musician
- Richard Stoddert Ewell american soldier
- Al Gore politician, nobel peace prize recepient
- John Edgar Hover first director of the fbi
- Robert H. McNeil photographer
- Jelly Roll Morton musician
- Majorie Kinnan Rawlings author, pulitzer prize winner
- Petros "Pete" Sampras tennis player
- John Philip Sousa band leader
Is a famous person missing from this page?
Submit your Famous Person
District of Columbia Cities, Counties & Area Codes
|Washington||District of Columbia||202|
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
This page was last updated on April 7, 2017.