Yukon FamousPeople listed are almost always native to the province. We do (on occasion) include those that have either lived within a province for most of their adult life, or have made a significant contribution to the province in their personal endeavors.
A - Z
- Jerry Alfred musician
- Pierre Francis De Marigny Berton author, journalist
- Dawson Charlie (Kaa goox) tagish first nation, co-discoverer of gold in yukon territory
- John Firth author
- Carol Geddes filmmaker
- Judy Gingell politician, founding director yukon native brotherhood
- Janelle Hardy artist
- Louise Hardy politician
- Skookum Jim Mason (Keish) co-discoverer of gold in yukon territory
- Tahmoh Penikett actor
- Sahneuti gwich'in first nation chief, fur trader
- Robert William Service poet, "bard of the yukon" (born in England)
- Dennis Shorty artist, carver
- Geraldine Van Bibber politician
- Greg Wiltjer basketball player
Submit your Famous Yukoner
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
Provinces & Territories Of Canada
This page was last updated on July 10, 2020.