Prince Edward Island Travel to
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Prince Edward Island (PEI), Canada's smallest province and the birthplace of the Canadian Federation, is located on the east coast and is referred to as the "Garden of the Gulf" as over half the province is farmland.
PEI's landscaping is distinctive with red soil, green fields and sea coast beaches.
Although small in size, there are many things to see and do: sandy beaches, evergreen forests, saltwater marshes, deep-sea fishing, cycling, hiking, windsurfing, scenic drives and numerous museums and historical sites. Add to these, shops with indigenous crafts, festivals, dinner theaters and plays.
While visiting, don't miss the famed island shellfish.
For more choices of things to do and see and detailed information, follow the links below.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Electricity: 110/120V, 60Hz
- Times to Travel: Any time is a good time for travel to PEI. Spring and summer feature warm weather, festivals and events, hiking, biking and scenic drives. Autumn's colorful foliage is spectacular and the many fall festivals are not to be missed. Winter activities include skiing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, hockey tournaments and winter festivals.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Avonlea, Village of Anne of Green Gables
- Canada Travel
- Canada Tourism - Province of PEI
- Cross Country Ski Areas PEI
- Explore PEI
- Founder's Hall
- Green Gables Heritage Place
- Hiking in PEI
- North Cape Coastal Drive
- PEI Airports
- PEI Bird Watching
- PEI Ferries
- PEI Golf Courses
- PEI Hunting and Fishing
- PEI Lighthouses
- PEI Provincial Parks
- Points East Coastal Drive
- South Shore
- Travel PEI
NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Countries That Start With The Letter S
The World’s Largest Oil Reserves By Country
29 Largest Armies In The World
The World's Most Visited Countries