Northwest Territories Travel toATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
The Northwest Territories covers more than 386,000 square miles and is bisected by the Arctic Circle.
This rugged and wild land offers incredible wildlife viewing opportunities, such as wolves, whales, bison, bears and caribou, plus white pelicans and whooping cranes. There are also plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy - canoeing, hiking, snowmobiling, skiing and dog sledding, to mention a few.
Northwest Territories is probably best known for its long summer days of Midnight Sun and the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) at night between August and January.
For more choices of things to do and see and detailed information, follow the links below.
- Electricity: 110/120V, 60Hz
- Times to Travel: Although the winters are frigid and brutal, viewing the famous Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis), dog sledding, cross country skiing, snowshoeing and snowmobiling are some of the adventures enjoyed by visitors.
Summers are generally sunny and pleasant. The days are long - up to 20 hours of daylight. In Julym temperatures range from 12°C to 21°C (54°F to 70°F).
AIRFARES - HOTELS - RENTAL CARS:
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Aulavik National Park
- Canada Travel
- Canada Tourism - Northwest Territories
- Canol Heritage Trail
- Dempster Highway
- Fort Laird
- Fort Smith
- Great Slave Lake
- Nahanni National Park Reserve
- Northern Frontier Travel
- Northwest Territories Airports
- Northwest Territories Bird Watching
- Northwest Territories General Parks
- Northwest Territories Roads and Ferries Conditions
- Northwest Territories Travel
- Pingo Landmark
- Town of Hay River
- Trans Canada Trail - Northwest Territories
- Waterfalls Route
- Wood Buffalo National Park
NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Countries That Start With The Letter S
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
29 Largest Armies In The World
The World’s Largest Oil Reserves By Country
The World's Most Visited Countries