ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Both islands are lush with beautiful beaches, rainforests and world-class diving venues. In addition, carnival celebrations, steel bands, calypso, limbo dancing and historical sites add their charms to the mix.
Each island has its own personality. Trinidad is home to the capital city (the Port of Spain) with its modern skyscrapers, energetic pace and exciting nightlife.
Tobago is very different; the island is calm, isolated and quiet. Its startling blue waters sparkle, and the green hillsides add to its colorful palette. Tobago is home to several wildlife reserves and is a birder's paradise.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Electricity: 115V, 60Hz
- Times to Travel: With its consistent warm weather, Trinidad and Tobago are both pleasant to visit year-round. The average daily high temperature is near 88°F (30°C), while a bit cooler at night, 74°F (23°C).
There are two seasons: the dry season from January through May and the rainy season from June through December. The Islands receive about 40 inches of rainfall annually; mostly brief tropical showers.
The main tourist season runs from December to April, and Carnival is the major attraction in February.
Fortunately, Trinidad and Tobago are located outside the hurricane belt, so are not prone to hurricane damage.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Asa Wright Nature Center
- Banwari Tours
- Central Bank Money Museum
- Chaguaramas National Park
- Discover Trinidad & Tobago
- Diving Spots
- Events and Festivals
- Golf Courses
- Inter Island Ferry Schedule
- Luise Kimme Sculpture Museum
(Sundays 10am - 2pm)
- Pointe-a-Pierre Wildfowl Trust
- Road to Maracas Bay
- Tobago Hotel & Tourism Association
- Trinidad Hotel & Tourism Association
- Trinidad and Tobago Airports
- Trinidad and Tobago Bird Watching
- Trinidad and Tobago Eco Lodges
- Visit Tobago
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
Trinidad and Tobago's Information
|Land Area||5,128 km2|
|Total Area||5,128km2 (#164)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$43.57 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$31,900|
|More Information||Trinidad and Tobago|